Thursday, December 10, 2015

Twelve days of Christmas Quilts: Old World Santas

Christmas 2015 is drawing near, and we wanted to share some of the amazing, gorgeous Christmas quilts we've seen this year. Thanks to the many quilters who have inspired us with their creations!  Here is Day Four of  our series: Twelve Days of Christmas Quilts.

Old World Santa by Judy S. Fitzgerald, quilted by Xenia Stirland


This is a closeup photo showing one of twelve embroidered redwork blocks in Old World Santas. The charming patterns are from the "Redwork Book of Old World Santas" by Curtis Boehringer (2006), and they were beautifully rendered by Judy Fitzgerald.


Judy Fitzgerald says: “I love to embroider.  I enlarged the patterns and traced them onto my material. I embroidered each Santa with Red DMC Floss. I designed the quilt top and then had my friend Xenia Stirland machine quilt it. It was a labor of love, but I loved the end result.”



For more information on his designs, visit Curtis Boehringer on Facebook. As of this post, another Curtis Boehringer pattern set - the Redwork Santa-of-the-Month - can be found at Bag Lady.

Image credits:  Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2015 Springville, Utah quilt show.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous needle work, I love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is stunning... I love the year long santas, what a wonderful idea.
    Thank you for the link, going to take a peek :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Santa designs and the embroidery. The quilting on it just adds to the wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Redwork is on my "someday list". Once started I have the feeling it would be hard to stop.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails