Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Twelve days of Christmas Quilts: Magical Memories

Christmas 2015 is drawing near, and we wanted to share some of the amazing, gorgeous Christmas quilts we've seen this year. Here is Day Seven of  our series: Twelve Days of Christmas Quilts.  Note: We're continually featuring free patterns on Twitter for the holidays and beyond...  please follow us @quiltinspire !

Magical Memories by Carol Archuleta


Magical Memories is based on the now-classic Baltimore Christmas pattern by Pearl P. Pereira. Carol Archuleta says: “I added to her design… by designing/appliqueing the following: My son’s Ellie the Elephant he carried as a child, and my husband’s bag of marbles. I changed the horse to a carousel horse my husband and I rode as teenagers in Santa Cruz. I took the pipe out of Santa’s hand and added the jingle bells “our Santa” carries when he arrives at our annual Christmas party. I also designed my own original borders and did all the hand quilting.”


The 24" center medallion Santa block is surrounded by twelve 12" album style blocks. We admired Carol's beautiful applique and hand quilting, and all the details she included. Here are close-up photos of two of our favorite blocks.



Image credits:  Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration at the 2015 Diablo Valley Quilters' Guild show.

1 comment:

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails