Saturday, March 30, 2013

Faith, Hope and Love

On Easter, many of us take the time to reflect on the promise of hope and new life in the Easter story. Here is a luminous stained glass quilt with a beautiful message of Faith, Hope and Love.

Rays of Hope - Stained Glass version by Carolyn Morris


This quilt was exhibited at the 2013 Arizona Quilters' Guild show. Carolyn Morris says: "Using gradation batiks, each section was cut individually, ironed in place, and quilted with irregular satin stitches.  The trapunto cross was machine embroidered and then appliqued to the front." The full quilt is shown below.


Carolyn says: "My life is dedicated to serving others. For many years that involved my three children and their training. Now that they have children of their own, I use the talents that I have to enrich the lives of others. Many of the quilts I make are small 15" squares with embroidery messages or scriptures on them. I give many away to those in need of prayers."

The "Rays of Hope" design came to Carolyn Morris on Easter, 2011, in response to her own prayer. You can find the pattern at Rays of Hope Quilts at etsy and see Carolyn explain the full story on YouTube.

Image credits:  The photo was taken by Quilt Inspiration.

10 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, and a lovely reminder of the true meaning of Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just spectacular! I hope to make something similar in the future.... thanks for sharing this inspirational quilt on this Blessed Easter morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful and a moving piece.
    I hope you and your family have a Blessed Easter.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, I want to purchase the Ray of Hope stained glass banner pattern. It is for our Church which is celebrating its 175th anniversary this year. Would you please send me an e-mail and let me know......Here is my e-mail:
    mildredehler@gmail.com

    Many thanks, Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Sunday School Class would like to purchase the pattern for the stained glass Rays of Hope Quilt banner.
    We would like to make it and display in our classroom. Please email me and let us know if the pattern
    is available, pricing and how to order. Thank you. Reply to: teljbilderback@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I get a pattern for the stained glass Ray's of Hope Quilt banner? My email address is angelqts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link to Carolyn Morris' website on Etsy, where she sells this lovely pattern:

      https://www.etsy.com/shop/raysofhopequilts

      Delete

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails